All around the world the digitalization of paper documents is getting more and more popular among companies. In Chile, for example, after the enforcement of the mandatory electronic invoicing on August 1st, 331,000 companies switched from printed to electronic invoices, and nearly 86% of the total invoices issued daily are digital, according to the newspaper La Segunda. This figure will certainly increase as more companies enforce this new regulation.
A survey carried out by AIIM, a non-profit organization of information professionals, to 444 members of its global community, indicated that 46% of the respondents agreed that the biggest single productivity improvement for most of their business processes is to remove the paper.
However, there is still a long way ahead before all the procedures of a company turn 100% online. Paper forms are one of the many problems experienced by paper addict organizations, reluctant to change whether because of their rigid structure, or because of their lack of information on more efficient alternatives. The outdated and monotonous paper forms are processes which squander the companies’ time and money, and prevents focusing on other productive tasks.
Mobile forms, offered by an app such as DataScope, provide very interesting advantages to replace paper forms and to outclass traditional electronic forms.
For companies with the need to be optimized, here are 10 reasons why they should dismiss the paper forms and consider mobile forms as an alternative:
1. Information from paper forms can be misread. Bad writing, an inappropriate format, or even smudges on the paper could be disastrous for an organization. DataScope fixes this problem, sending the central office standardized, 100% readable reports.
2. Paper forms can be lost, they can be incomplete, or they can include wrong information, leading to losses. On the other hand, mobile forms ensure that companies capture all their revenues, since the information is never lost.
3. Late review of the information. Converting the paper form to digital information allows a review of the data in real time, and mobile platforms such as DataScope allows to chat to correct mistakes immediately.
4. Hampers working from home or out of the office. DataScope on your cellphone solves it all, since there’s no need to return to the office to deliver a report: it can be sent online and you can use the app offline to upload it to the cloud from the field.
5. Paper forms cause a lack of storage space. Paperwork can take up a significant amount of space, and the immediate access to the information can be difficult if the documents are located in a different building.
6. Prone to damage. Paper documents get damaged over time, and they are exposed to fires, floods, and other catastrophes.
7. They require associated costs. Paper forms need lots of paper, but also printers, storage expenses, etcetera, which represent extra costs that mobile forms don’t require.
8. Limited collaboration. Collaboration on documents is extremely hard when working with paper forms. They must have multiple copies printed, make amendments separately and then share their version with each other before pursuing further changes. A mobile platform such as DataScope allows sharing the performance indicators, evaluate the work and correct the mistakes in seconds.
9. Environmental costs. Using more paper is harmful to the environment, which worsens the company’s carbon footprint.
10. Security reasons. How can a paper form guarantee that sensitive information won’t be copied or mishandled for other purposes? Thanks to mobile forms such as DataScope, you control who has access to the information.